Anti roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti roll bar

I have just purchased a Marlin Roadster Hybrid, Triumph front end, Morris Marina rear end, having taken the car apart, i noticed that it did not have an Anti Roll Bar fitted, surely this can`t be right, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Anti roll bar

Anti-roll bars aren't required on small cars like the Marlin to keep the roll under control
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

As Andyf says, many do not have them................Ben will be along soon and give you the definitive answer.

I've sent you a PM ( check "Notifications" at top right of the Forum page)
      Rgds DC

Comment

Because the hybrid Marlin has a live rear axle it doesn't really need an anti roll bar and because the chassis is 2 inches wider than the Triumph donor front end the original one from the donor wont fit any way.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Only the later Marina models had rear anti roll bars.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
          X