An unfinished project for someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An unfinished project for someone

An interesting set of "reference" photos for anyone that hasn't built their own car! Interesting that the front upper wishbones have changed from the early solid type in the first photo to the later tubular type in the other photos. Looks in good condition so a good start for someone to complete it. Peter.

Comment

Hmmm, tempting, very tempting.

I did enquire about that barn find roadster yesterday and waiting for a response. Might also have to have a chat about this one. As I already have a Cabrio, at least I do have a reference point......
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Not sure it's the same Cabrio but a chap here in Derby was putting one together some years ago with a Fiat twin cam.
        He also ran a trials roadster and took part in Field Archery which was how I met him. Sadly he passed away before the car was completed and it was rumoured the entire kit was given to a local scout movement.

Comment

Just spotted the name Harrison on the rear tub , so am sure its the same car!

Comment

Will a Cabrio go through the IVA OK?
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes
              Might have to be some tweaking but see Mike's build for one.

Comment

What about the twin cam emissions?
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Will a Cabrio go through the IVA OK?
                  The Cabrio was designed to go through SVA, (which was the forerunner to IVA, and is very similar).

Therefore it is not just a case that it can be put through, it was designed to be put through without a lot of additional work. Provided the builder is aware of the IVA regulations, which can easily be found on the DVLA's website, they are not too onerous to meet.

The only problem that arises from the IVA test (apart from its eye watering cost - mine was £495 iirc) is the differing marginal interpretation local inspectors place on the rules, giving variable fails for relatively minor issues.The re-test is a further £100, and should be built into any planning as it seems to be part of the tester's job satisfaction (obligation!) not to allow many car's to pass first time!
                  Last edited by Mike; 12-05-17, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X