Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! ID Needed

Message originally posted by: Scott Smith
    Hi, I have recently aquired a kit car, and I have no idea what type it is. It has an Austin Morris gold seal engine fitted which I assume is from a Marina/Ital If theres anyone that could give me any info on this car to be then i would be very gratefull. Thanks in advance....Scott (fullongrafix(at)aol.com)

Re: HELP! ID Needed

Message originally posted by: Don
    Its got marina front suspension uprights too and the dreaded lever arm shocks.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
      Looks like a one off special Scott.

Comment

Hi Scott.
        No idea. (You're going to get fed up hearing that...)

It does have some very interesting (unique?) features such as drop-down doors - I'd have thought that would make it slightly easier to trace. Any chassis/production numbers on it? If not, that could make it more likely to be a one-of as suggested above. Any writing or labels (even foreign) at all on any of the panels or chassis? I wonder if there's a chance it's not even from this country?
        Have you tried posting this on other, more general, kitcar forums? A good example is:
        http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?f=30&h=0

On the foreign note, perhaps worth trying some European forums - I know the Dutch are pretty keen on kitcars, as are the Germans - they buy most of the Marlins on sale...

Comment

Try www 1950sspecials.com A picture with the body on ( if its got one would help. The wheels look like Ford side valve circa 1950. If you find out please put me out of misery TA
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The chassis has a remarkable resemblance to the MK1 Pilgrim Bulldog. This was built on Marina running gear. I cannot find a picture anywhere on the interweb so am guessing a bit from memory.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Message originally posted by: Scott
              Hi thank you for all your replies. Unfortunately this is how i received the vehicle so I do not have any other panels or info to help anyone help me. The exhisting panels and body are made from aluminium sheet that has been shaped then riveted on. (must have taken someone many many hours to even get to this stage of building it) If i find out what car it is meant to be (if not a 1 off) then i will post it here to put you out of your curiosity. Thank You all again and keep thinking! Scott

ps: I thought these two images below may have very similar characteristics, but not so sure. ( 2nd pic is of a falcon)

Comment

Think the first image is a Speedex Scirroco,second is as you say a Falcon.Where did you obtain kit? The brake servo /master cylinder also appears to be Marina/Ital. Is the rest of the running gear from same?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Scott
                  Hi Alan, my car has an auto box fitted to what i think is a 2 litre austin morris engine. dont know which axle is fitted but a prop shaft has been fabricated and fitted too. can post some more detailed pics if would help with identification. Cheers...Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X