Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin Windscreen garage find - Cabrio/Hunter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Windscreen garage find - Cabrio/Hunter ?

Just seen this, looks to me like Berli

eBay item number:362019915259
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 26-06-17, 07:58 AM. Reason: Since when has a Cabrio had a curved top screen...and I can't see how to change the thread title - dohh

Re: Marlin Windscreen garage find - Cabrio/Hunter ?

Is anyone going for this? If not I will!

Comment

Originally posted by AdminUser View Post
      Is anyone going for this? If not I will!
      I decided to bid £1 as it seemed a shame for it to maybe end up in a skip. But really it's too far for me to collect. If I get it for £1 then I will collect it but that's my highest bid.
      Last edited by scott h; 01-07-17, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Maybe another member could collect it if they live any closer.
        YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Turpin View Post
          Maybe another member could collect it if they live any closer.
          I'm heading to Skegness next weekend so a wee detour to Birmingham won't kill me. I live in hope that someone else will bid to save it from the skip.

Comment

I am going to bid, not too far away. If I don't use it myself I will keep it for another member

Comment

Late update from Cheshire ..

The following dialogue was just recovered from auto-save, and took that long to compose yesterday, that I have included it in my initial foray into forumland.
              I apologise now for this inconvenient way to try to obtain a "new" windscreen.

(Hi guys,
              This is my 1st post, although been a member for 2 years or so. (Insufficient spare time yet to tell the story of my LPG/petrol 1.8 Zetec).
              The name is Alan and I've had a Berli for a couple of years that suffers from a permanently etched scowl on the windscreen, caused by metal hinge scratching of those diddy wipers.
              This current Eb?y offering would be a godsend to me, but e-mailing from Crete, (I'm home tomorrow), amid this failing wifi link, and current temps of 42C, is causing me a panic.
              I would very much like to be in the bidding for this item if no one else is overly interested, as it may enable me to actually see enough of the road to make it to the Tatton Park fest in the next few months, as well as providing Berli associates with a blow by blow record of what/what not to do when replacing a windscreen.
              Until I get back to leafy Cheshire I will not be able to measure/confirm if the stated dimensions are for a Berli, so watch the bidding tomorrow.
              Hopefully this is my 1st of many interjections into Marlinhood, and the amiable people who constantly keep the forum alive.

Alan T (Warrington based Q422 PTS))

Comment

Re: Late update from Cheshire ..

Cheers Alan - I will stop my bid

Comment

Later update from Cheshire ..

I won the windscreen, so thanks to all involved in the pre-ambles.
                  I will hopefully be picking up the item during this next week, so after that will be the attempted removal/ replacement of same with many attached photos, (the next panic in my posting on the forum!).

Again, thanks to all involved.

Alan T.

Comment

Re: Later update from Cheshire ..

Alan, can you make a template of it before fitting - easier that way to get a new one made up

Comment

Working...
                    X