Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour

It's a long way off, but I've been giving some thought as to the colour(s) I'd like to paint my tatty Berli when the time comes. I'd really welcome any thoughts or input from other owners on this - is there any colour or scheme you've always thought would be nifty on these cars, or perhaps you already have the ideal finish?!

I'm currently swaying towards blue; pretty obvious it suits these cars as so many already use this colour, and it does work. I'm thinking a metallic mid-shade - not light; not navy (such as Renault Ottoman Blue) - on the body, and metallic graphite on the wings. How many on here have a different colour on the wings, and does it work?

I also like the 'typical' Berli scheme of blue, red or green with the broad silver stripe along the side - I've seen pictures of all these schemes and they do look good - but I'd like to explore something different.

Any photos would also be good! Thanks.

My car is currently pale gold-ish on the body and navy on the wings (I know, I know...)

Re: Colour

Message originally posted by: stuart benson
    gold-ish and blue.... hmm.... different, we are a long way off the colour on our groups car, but have decided on a british racing green with black wings and running boards, and black interior. could well end up dark but with chrome detailing, it should pick up enough light to highlight the details nicely.

we are a good good year off finishing our car i reckon, but had to consider the colour scheme as we are painting the chassis and obviously parts of it is visible in finished condition, and details such as dashboard and door cards needed consideration and material sourcing (?5.99/metre for black leatherette from dunelm mill sounds good)

Comment

Hi Stuart. BRG and black sounds good - I personally think the Berli suits darker colours.
      Yes, my exisiting colour is very 'different'!
      Does 'dunelm mill' have a website?

Comment

Message originally posted by: stuart benson
        www.dunelm-mill.com it has a store locator on it so you can find the closest to you. if there isnt one near you, possibly someone more local to you may be able to help

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks, Stuart.

Comment

Working...
          X