Goodwood revival tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodwood revival tickets

I have two tickets for the above event, Admission only Saturday 9th September
    Regrettably my wife is due surgery and is unlikely to be fully fit to attend.
    I am offering them here first at cost of £75 each if anyone is interested.
    Pm me or you can call 01332 753000
    Alan

Re: Goodwood revival tickets

Anybody that has not been should take this opportunity - one of the best car days out (having to miss this year due to a wedding invite)

Comment

I went for the first time last year, as a passenger in a soft top e-type, we queued for an hour and half to park. On arrival we found out why, they were parking one car at a time!

The walk around was mildly interesting, but was more of a new car show from the big makers than a classic/vintage/race/rally car show. We had comp tickets from Cummins so can't complain!

We walked around a bit but couldn't get anywhere close to the hill to watch the action so went to find the super cars, only to realise we couldn't get close to them. The start line area and display in front of the house were good.

So we didn't feel it was worth the day out, but given the success of the event I can only assume that we could of got more from it if we'd planned the day a bit better. Perhaps go earlier, buy grandstand seats, plan your walk around and research what to see.

As usual in life you get more out if you put more in... and we didn't put a lot in!
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

perhaps better to watch the highlights on tv, I do realise though its not quite the same having just attended an open air music thing locally covered by france 2 - better views of the band(celtic social club fronted by jimmie o neil) but not the same atmosphere!!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          I went for the first time last year, as a passenger in a soft top e-type, we queued for an hour and half to park. On arrival we found out why, they were parking one car at a time!

The walk around was mildly interesting, but was more of a new car show from the big makers than a classic/vintage/race/rally car show. We had comp tickets from Cummins so can't complain!

We walked around a bit but couldn't get anywhere close to the hill to watch the action so went to find the super cars, only to realise we couldn't get close to them. The start line area and display in front of the house were good.

So we didn't feel it was worth the day out, but given the success of the event I can only assume that we could of got more from it if we'd planned the day a bit better. Perhaps go earlier, buy grandstand seats, plan your walk around and research what to see.

As usual in life you get more out if you put more in... and we didn't put a lot in!
          Hi David
          I think you are talking about the Festival Of Speed here!!
          These tickets are for the Revival. A VERY different event.
          Jon
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Yes I am, and what a fool I am... should have read the thread subject properly!
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Tickets now sold!

Comment

Working...
              X