Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-speed B Series - the Holy Grail

LT77 gearbox & 1.8 diesel B series on eBay here...item 322623672312

The engine & 'box are not worth bothering with but the backplate & bellhousing are as rare as rocking horse droppings...find a TR7 5 speeder (usually cheaper than SD1 versions) and you can have a relatively "easy" factory spec conversion for your B series...tunnel mods aside..!
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: 5-speed B Series - the Holy Grail

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
    LT77 gearbox & 1.8 diesel B series on eBay here...item 322623672312

The engine & 'box are not worth bothering with but the backplate & bellhousing are as rare as rocking horse droppings...find a TR7 5 speeder (usually cheaper than SD1 versions) and you can have a relatively "easy" factory spec conversion for your B series...tunnel mods aside..!
    Could not agree much more.

But was there ever a B series Diesel Roadster built. I think I remember in the distant past someone fitted a Nissan Diesel? I could be wrong.

5speedmarina was killed off earlier this year there are quite a few Roadsters running the kit, but as with Frontline Developments and other Ford Type 9 conversions are still possible, but technically depending on the build there is no need for tunnel bashing.

As always, any overdrive option makes the Roadster a joy on A roads.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

One person who had a diesel engine was Noel Pendock-Wheadon. This was the "Purple Peril" which is no longer around, if my memory serves me right. David.
      Last edited by davidmartin720; 04-08-17, 03:20 PM. Reason: Missed Capital D

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
        One person who had a diesel engine was Noel Pendock-Wheadon. This was the "Purple Peril" which is no longer around, if my memory serves me right. David.

Purple peril gets mentioned a lot a lot in Roadster folklore. It would be nice to know it's history.
        Noel still lurks on this forum, or he did do until Dec last year.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X