Kop Hill Climb 2017 - This weekend 16-17th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kop Hill Climb 2017 - This weekend 16-17th Sept

It's on again, come along if you can this weekend. Got A Spitfire Saturday afternoon, and A spit and Hurricane Sunday afternoon, weather permitting. Oh, and Ed China is there Saturday, ex Wheeler Dealers ,not sure if that's an attraction or not!

http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Kop Hill Climb 2017 - This weekend 16-17th Sept

I'll be there on Sunday with the family

Comment

See you there.

I just ran list of all vehicles that registered to attend, 864!

That's a lot of vehicles. Some will be support vehicles and sponsors 'showroom' cars though...
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Me and my Roadster at Kop Hill Climb 2017, photo’s by Louise, the passenger is one of the volunteers from the information point. The starter battery had been temperamental for a while meaning we needed a push start in the paddock. Thanks to the stewards and safety officers for that. Then it rained coming back through Princes Risborough so we got a bit wet!

http://davidbanes.com/post/165965212...mb-2017-photos

And a couple uploaded here, just in case Tumblr start charging and break the link...

IMG_3416.jpg
        IMG_3419.jpg
        IMG_3424.jpg

Comment

That's a tidy little car, I like the Kop Hill motif on the bonnet.

BTW not so sure the LHS cup holder will work too well (see your linked photos) ..... )

Did you do a timed run up Kop Hill?
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
            That's a tidy little car, I like the Kop Hill motif on the bonnet.

BTW not so sure the LHS cup holder will work too well (see your linked photos) ..... )

Did you do a timed run up Kop Hill?
            Thanks, I've taken some time to remove various 'attachments' to the car and then tidied up the paint and added the stone protection on front of rear arches and Kop Hill logo on the bonnet as we do local events to generate interest in the event.

My other half took the photo's, we hadn't spotted the coffee cup

I did run the hill as a reserve on Sunday (the weather was not good so there were a lot of no shows) afternoon. It's not a timed event, so no, not a timed run, just a 'demonstration' run.

Comment

Working...
            X