• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials car project - Marlin kit car spares or repairs

'Morris Ital van running gear...'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-kit...-/122730978090

s-l1600-8.jpg
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Trials car project - Marlin kit car spares or repairs

Cracking restoration project . I wish!

Comment

I think that fence panel to the side had probably been used as a hardtop ?
      Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
      Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Quote...

"Will also sell the Q registration number plate separate if a good offer comes in or will leave it on the car for the winning bidder."

I wonder exactly what he means by this. Surely he is not suggesting what I think he is; is he!?
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
          Quote...

"Will also sell the Q registration number plate separate if a good offer comes in or will leave it on the car for the winning bidder."

I wonder exactly what he means by this. Surely he is not suggesting what I think he is; is he!?
          He is probably getting confused with historic vechicle plates being sold, often done in the past to raise money for restoration work. They then applied for an age related plate when the work was complete. Loses the history of the vehicle though.

AFAIK a Q plate is a one off and non transferrable.

Comment

Yes, Jon, I was also wondering about selling the Q plate as I was under the impression that they are not transferable like normal registrations. He's either under the wrong impression he can sell it, or.......

Also don't know about a trials car but that box on the back would be particularly handy for the weekly shop!

Perhaps someone could explain exactly what that box would originally be intended for as I doubt it was just put on as a whim? Storage for trails gear? Very unusual.
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I don't suppose he would be thinking of selling the chassis plate and V5 to someone with an unregistered Roadster? That used to happen with Duttons They would be sold unregistered , but they could be identified and the old number claimed back. All very naughty. Q plates were non transferable. I just wish I had the space for another project.

Comment

Working...
              X