LWB or SWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWB or SWB

Silly question really,how do you know if a Cabrio is LWB or SWB.I know the cabin and doors are 2" longer but what length ARE the doors.

Re: LWB or SWB

Best way to tell is by looking at the back edge of the door. On the LWB cars the back edge of the door lines up exactly with the join between the front and rear wing. Also on the LWB cars there is about 2 - 3 inches of body work in front of the leading edge of the rear wing before the door apeture, on the SWB cars the back edge of the door is within about 1 inch of the front of the rear wing.

The other way to be sure is to measure the wheel base, I know one of the guys on the group got into trouble because he tried to fit a SWB body onto what he thought was a SWB chassis. After measuring the wheel base he found the chassis was LWB!

Comment

Thanks John,looks like I have an SWB right enough.Wheelbase is 102",there is only 1" behind the door edge and the door length is 34" (870 mm)The problem arose when I went to fit a new shortened handbrake cable and wasn`t happy with the lop-sided positioning of the cable equaliser.I then found if I cut and lengthened the pull rod from the handbrake lever by 2" it sat beautifully.Hence the sudden panic,or did I just miss that bit in the build manual ? Thanks for your speedy reply. Neil M.

Comment

Hello Neil. Give us a call on 01738 860910. You cant be far away.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Neil M.
          Hi Jonathan,yes I`m only about thirty miles away I think.I will give you a call sometime and have a look at this wonderful machine of yours.You seem to have pressed on pretty quick with your build and SVQ,well done it`s just the weather for a Marlin.My build is very stop/start as usual but I will get there.Neil M.

Comment

Working...
          X