Measuring Camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Camber

Is there a effective way of doing this at home on a cabrio. What effect does moving the spring platform on its thread have?

Re: Measuring Camber

I have just done this on my cabrio. I used an inclinometer, which is a tool for setting up satelite dishes, to measure mine. Moving the sping seat lower increases the negative camber angle. Mine had 2.25 degrees negative on the RHS and 1.5 degrees negative on the LHS. The correct sequence is to set ride hight first then shim out the wishbone mounts for camber adjustment. I have just written an artical for pitstop mag and if you like I can postthis to you if you leave E-Mail address.

Comment

Thanks Peter,
      E mail is Alison.Hogg2(at)ntlworld.com

Comment

Castor angle can also be adjusted(to give some self centering). Mine was 9degs but changed to 4.5 degs when I put a 9.5 mm spacer behind the rear wishbone mounts. no neg camber. (was 1 deg neg.) This was for offside.
        Nearside has 3mm behind rear mounting, giving zero camber and 5 degs castor.

Comment

Jonathan
          I would be very interested to know how you measured the caster angle as I don't know how to do this.

Comment

Hi Alan,
            I have a "Camber Gauge" that I used when I built my Cabrio.
            I can bring to the the next meeting in Derby on 21 July 06,drop my e-mail if you would like see it.

Paul

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
              Hi Alan

How was Canada?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Kris (alans son)
                Sue
                My old mans travels of late constitute a forum of their own!

Comment

Hello Peter. I used my local Tyre fitting shop who have a very nice computerised set up. They were very interested, and charged me ?40 for 2hrs work, as we shimmed and adjusted things.

Comment

Working...
                  X