Compomotive wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compomotive wheels

Saw these on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123144462864?ul_noapp=true.

I messaged the seller and these are 95.25mm PCD.

Might be of use to somebody, I was tempted myself but could not justfy the expense as only two of my new tyres would fit and I paid good money to have my current KN Diamond wheels refubished. I am not overly keen on the offset of the KNs hence my interest in these.

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Compomotive wheels

When I spoke to Compomotive a while back, they said that Front wheel drive cars have a different Offset to Rear wheel drive. As these are off a Metro( FWD car) . If anyone is considering buying them , it would be a good idea to pop over to see if they will actually fit your car.
    Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 05-06-18, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Compomotive wheels

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
      When I spoke to Compomotive a while back, they said that Front wheel drive cars have a different Offset to Rear wheel drive. As these are off a Metro( FWD car) . If anyone is considering buying them , it would be a good idea to pop over to see if they will actually fit your car.
      Too late now auction has finished, but the Metro has a different PCD to a Marina so not suitable anyway.

It’s been discussed to death, but the limiting factor on a Marina based cars, nominally 1/2” offset, is the steering upright, and the distance between the tyre and the steering arm. Anything bigger than a 185 profile tyre becomes suspect, as there are significant differences between different tyre manufacturers.
      The rear is generally an open door almost everything with a Marina/Small Triumph/ Maestro/MGF PCD will fit but Maestro/MGF offsets are much larger, so no good without spacers on the front.

Comment

Working...
      X