Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zetec Engine for Bev

Hi Bev

I am told there is an excellent article in this months Classic Ford Magazine regards fitting a Zetec into a RWD car. I haven't seen the article yet but thought you might be interested.

Cheers

John

Re: Zetec Engine for Bev

Message originally posted by: BEV MAYER
    hi John
    Have just been to newsagents and checked the copy of classic ford on the shelf but nothing in it about zetec conversion, then noticed it was the august issue, do you mean the july issue? thanks for the thought anyway, hope to see you at the Harrogate show. Have now removed the sierra plenumchamber/airbox and replaced with a cone type filter but ducted two air feeds to it from the grille area, the car runs much better now. I think all the rough running is caused by heat build up under the bonnet, am now making a shield for the exhaust manifolod, will keep you informed if that further improves matters, in desperation it might be the 1mm hole in the butterfly valve to stop the occasional stalling at junctions, shock , horror.
    take care
    regards BEV

Comment

Hi Bev

I was just told it was this months so I guess it may have been July.

I came across this on the web

http://www.spydercars.co.uk/practical_performance_car_21st_century_elan_feb05_ pg1.htm

which is a prep of a zetec into an Elan +2, interesting reading.

I can't be at Harrogate as I am away on holiday in France.

Keep in touch on the engine stuff, I am begining to think the Zetec is a more sensible option than the Duratec from a cost point of view, and then someone in the pub suggested an MX5, 150 BHP out of the box and already setup for RWD!!!.

Gives me something to think about on holiday.

Take it easy

John

Comment

We have a club member who has put a zetec in a Berlinetta. I can put you in touch if it is of intrest to you?

Comment

Working...
        X