Triumph Roadster project on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Roadster project on eBay

What is it with the sudden rush of Triumph based Roadsters after the recent thread?!

I've not seen this one before so it could be a new addition to the list?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-marlin-spitfire-1969-classic-convertible-genuine-marlin-1300cc-21-8-1969/263876190731?hash=item3d703f220b%3Ag%3AwA4AAOSwznZ bcVLn&_sacat=0&_nkw=triumph+marlin&_from=R40&rt=nc &_trksid=m570.l1313

s-l1600.jpg

Auction with 99p start and no reserve so there for the taking but a potential problem is that it's still registered as a Spitfire.

Re: Triumph Roadster project on eBay

I've noticed a trend along the lines of "It doesn't need tax or mot", based on the recent regulation changes.. I think that has made a few people think of selling .. as they can pretend it's roadworthy, when it would probably need loads to pass an MOT.

At least this guy isn't trying to pretend it can be driven away.
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Chassis 1267, it's a late Triumph based Roadster, the kit left the factory Oct 1982. 1992 MOC sticker on the screen

Look at the bottom of the V5 pic and the date is 18 06 18 so it's a recent document.

We have two old pics (1984 and 1986(?)) of this car in the archive.
      Last edited by dcunn; 13-08-18, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Has it been substantially altered?

There in lies the dilemma, but it has potential to become a nice car.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
          Has it been substantially altered?

There in lies the dilemma, but it has potential to become a nice car.
          Steve,
          Having one a bit older than this, I can't see any major mods that couldn't be put right in a rebuild. It's in a sorry state but nothing that couldn't be put right with a strip down. Fingers crossed it'll be picked up and become an active project ..

I guess my biggest concern was if the fibreglass had delaminated in the obvious few winters it's been outside...

Comment

It fetched £2,450 .. I think I'm impressed. I've seen roadworthy cars go for less... undervalued actually.

Not sure what drove the price higher, Triumph based vehicle ?, historic status ?, advertised as Marlin Spitfire not Marlin Kit car ??

Would still be worried by the way it was registered. .. but I'm sure the owner will be very pleased.

Comment

Working...
            X