Silverstone Classic - Owners Club enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone Classic - Owners Club enclosure

It was great to see a Marlin in the Owners Club enclosure on Saturday (forgot to note the plate)but I'm interested to know how you managed it? I had assumed there was no 'official' MOC presence & my tactic of driving confidently up to the entrance pointing at my 'screen badges didn't work! (as I'd expected)- it would have made a great day even better to have been inside the circuit. I'm also interested because a TVR owners club member I met in the car park was very upset that they were being turned away having been encouraged to turn up & drive in last year.

Re: Silverstone Classic - Owners Club enclosure

If you are refering to the two- tone blue Roadster, then twas I. My passenger is a member of the Allard Owners Club and he had all the right passes and discounted entry fees at ?7.50. The AOC were one of the invited clubs with a special reason for a bit of a display - 70 years since the first Allard was built.
    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Tony, was that you in the main carpark, Berlinetta Q791 FDF. I took a photo as it was the only Marlin spotted on our five day trip down South.

Comment

Photo

Comment

The Berlinetta shown on the photo is that of past chairman of M.O.C.,David Hitchings

Comment

Hi Franklin, sorry for the delay - I've been away.
            That's the one - excellent position, couldn't miss it!
            Nice Berlinetta, not mine though Trevor. I was in the unsurfaced section of the car park(Blue Roadster Q235 GEL)
            I try & get to this event every year, taking my son along who's become a huge fan. It's always entertaining & I'm always impressed with how friendly the pit crews & owners are. Maybe see some of you next year - tip for anyone coming from London or south eastern counties, A413 from Aylesbury to the circuit has some great stretches for a Marlin!

Comment

Working...
            X