Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Message originally posted by: Lee
    Just viewed Berlinetta today for sale that requires a little bit of work. But the main problem I can see is the negative camber on the front wheels. Can this be adjusted without to much problem or in something far more serious down there. If I get it there may be a little roadster for sale.......

Re: Advice

This is a common sight on the Berli. it arises from using cut, original, Cortina springs to alter the Berli ride height. The unequal length top and bottom wishbones are then static in the wrong position.
    I cured mine by fitting a pair of specially manufactured wishbones from the now defunct YKC.
    Even they needed adjustment to position them correctly.
    I also fitted the YKC Berlinetta fron springs which assisted in levelling things up.
    Have a look at the previous posts on this.
    It seems that a lot of owners just put up with it and have no problems apart from unusual tyre wear.
    I found that my front end was locking up too easily during braking due to the assymetric loading on the laterally inclined tread. Levelling the tread has greatly improved the braking.
    Good luck with the Berli.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Re: Advice

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
      Lee, there are several ways around thi problem. I would have thought that with your skill you could have made a pair of replacement top wishbones to the same dims as the cortina but utlising a transit track rod end as the top ball joint making the camber adjustable it really is not a difficult job. Ken Knight relocated the cortina wishbone more forward again not adifficult job I can send you details if you decide to go this route If you have not bought the berly yet give me a ring I have just got home from Harrogate.

Comment

Working...
      X