Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA Door catches

Message originally posted by: Peter Nutter
    Don't know if anyone will be able to help but I have a 91 Berlinetta with 'standard' door catches which don't meet SVA's 2 stage close rule has anyone fitted anything different.
    Also seat belts, I have an issue where thebrace point needs to above the shoulder, test guy recomended tall seats with harnesses, but it will spoil the look. any ideas????

Re: SVA Door catches

If they say this will pass then try and borrow some seats and harnesses from somewhere. Then once the car has passed you can put what you have back and return the parts.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
      A rear roll bar will give you something substancial to fix the seat belts to.

Comment

Hi PeterI don't know if this is what you want, but amongst the spares I hold for the club, there is a set of "bearclaw" anti burst catches, which , apparently are similar to the catches as fitted to production cars. Several members have fitted them and seem satisfied with them. They are available to any club member, at a fee which goes to help club funds. Give me a call if you're interested . My number is in the mag. under treasurer.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Peter Nutter
          Many thanks just bought some bearclaw from Car Builder Solutions?
          Just need to think how to fit them now

Comment

Message originally posted by: B Gadd
            Hi Peter, If you want help ,talk to Keith Dodd, [roadster rep.]He successfully fitted a pair some years ago,

Comment

On the Berli I used to own I had made some vertical 'L' shaped brackets from something like 1.5" x 1/4" MS, that fixed to the original seat belt mounting hole + one other hole (can't remember what it was for). At the top, the bracket turned inwards just enough to get a mut for the mounting welded beneath. It raised the seat belts by some 4" and was perfecly comfortable and passed a couple of MOT's before I sold the car on. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Theo looks like you picked up on the door fastner bolts, will have a look at that sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                X