Twin webbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin webbers

I am about to fit rebuilt Pinto engine into My Berli and I am going to fit twin 40 Dellorto carbs.
    It is looking to be a tight fit to get the carbs in with out fouling the bonnet is there anybody running with these fitted I could get some advice from.
    Many thanks

Re: Twin webbers

Hi Jez
    Firstly, congratulations!! My son's roadster had a fully balanced and lightened Pinto with big valve head and a wildish cam running on twin Webers.This installation required a very shallow inlet manifold [Burton Power do one under the part no.IM 4272,but this in itself also requires the use of a special linkage kit which you would need to contact them about] This install also allowed the use[only just ] of shallow K and N filters.Unless you've had extensive work done on the head I personally would't go to twin carb.Fuel consumpion was also an issue[ mid 20's] even in a roadster which you have to admit is a hell of a lot lighter than a Berli though it did go like sh-- off a shovel.Power output at the WHEELS! was 115 bhp measured on a rolling road which may give you some idea of the amount of work involved in putting the engine together,the bill for the engine assembly was ?1600 and that was a few years back.Hope that's of some help!

Comment

Okay you have more room under a berly bonnet than a roadster, but you are still better to use a shallow inlet manifold as Alan suggests, and I found that socks worked better than metal filters. I got Dave Gray a berly earlier in the year running twin 45 webers, if you get in touch perhaps he will send you under bonnet picture.

Comment

David Grays e mail address is listed in help wanted in the miscellaneous section.

Comment

Thanks for the info Alan.
          It is not so much top speed I am looking for ( I have a Berli with a V8 I am working on) but just a bit more oomph on acceleration,as for economy, I suppose there is a trade off but they will sound quite nice.

Danny, will email him thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X