Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windowscreen

Message originally posted by: Malcolm Sherratt
    I bought a berlinetta and the screen was cracked at the bottom LH corner, I bought a replacement set of glass and have just started to fit the screen taking the ultimate care. the screen was positioned in the frame and held up fully into the top groove by tape, I started to fit the frame bolts and as soon as the first one started to tighten a hairline crack came in the screen at the same point as the previous one.
    I have 2 questions 1) Where can I get a new screen (with the appropriate bs marks for the SVA and 2)where do you think I (and the person before) are going wrong.

Re: Windowscreen

Message originally posted by: DannyNelson
    Screen frame requires packing to keep it from pinching in on the glass, otherwise smaller glass reqd this time to give a small tolerance.

Comment

Thanks Danny, Now I have a scrap screen to work with I am going to match the frame rebates to get a better / looser fit. I have noticed that it coud do with a deeper groove in the top centre to allow the screen to sit higher in the frame, also I think it would benifit from sligtly longer grooves in the uprights. I suppose that i have been unfortunate in getting a badly sized piece of glass in the first place. CAN YOU HELP WITH SOURCING A SCREEN?

Comment

Malc
        If you take pattern to auto windscreen company they should be able to cut one for you. I did this with roadster screen

Comment

Best what Alan says get one cut, and take a pattern before you fit.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Malcolm Sherratt
            Thanks Danny and Alan,
            I am having the glass cut at the Coach and Bus division of Autoglass. O

Comment

Working...
            X