cylinder heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder heads

Does anybody know if I can put a pinto injection head ( which I am assuming is unleaded) on a standard block and use carbs ?

Re: cylinder heads

Jez, don't assume your head is unleaded, my Pinto 2.0 injection on a 'C' plate wasn't. I think there is a numbering system that will identify if the engine head you have is unleaded
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Hi Jez.

Look at the '205 vs old Pinto' thread on the Berlinetta forum. Half way through, Danny has posted the numbers to look for.

In general, I understand it is a straight fit, and you can use carbs (obviously including manifold!), but do check out the unleaded stamp.

Comment

Hi Jez. the answer to your question is yes. The only difference between the two heads is that the injection head inlet ports are slightly oval, this is to accomodate the injection point which is in the manifold just before the manifold gasket. On the point of the unleaded head , I understand that heads off the old Sierra i.e. the engine marked 205 , were of a better material than the older version and did not require any work on them, however, some manuals say that these heads were marked with a letter "R" alongside the no.4 plughole. but then you did'nt ask that question , did you ??? regards Brian

Comment

any thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X