Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Arms

Message originally posted by: Peter Nutter
    Hi, Has anybody got or know where I can get a pair of wiper arms Cortina MK4 (bolt through style)

Re: Wiper Arms

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
    If you find out, I'd love to know too! I've been looking half heartedly at all the shows for years! eBAY has nothing :-(

Comment

Try these guys. If they don't have it or can't get it then they will be able to tell you where to go!!!
      http://www.speedyspares.co.uk/index.htm
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Jon, mentioned bolt on to them and they said no, however!! I have found a nice set of chaps on website buysellcortina, hope they do't mind me joining in (I am part cortina, but forgot to mention that) anyway I have picked up a second hand set for a fiver?
        They trade many a part and may treat us as cannibals? they also have a list of part suppliers which is quite usefull.

Comment

Have just been and collected a pair of very nice wiper arms and they don't fit (to long) they are from a MK4. Anyone help me! I have e-mailed Danny for guidence, wipers that came with kit look right length but wrong type (not bolt on)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
            You should have had email by now. but just in case, you have to shorten them! by how much depends on the blades you are using, but be careful measure three times and cut once! Also your mk 4 arms are probably black but under the black they are stainless.

Comment

Again thanks Danny. Would you recomend Land Rover wipers as per manual or something else.
              Would MK3 Cortina have done I know where there are a couple of new sets that may do for Sue

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
                As long as the sweep area is okay and the end can be made to fit the arm any will do the job, but the landrover is fine. The mk 3 arm is a push fit onto a splined head different to the mk4, but I know of Berlinettas that are using them.

Comment

Thanks again Danny, wipers look well, you were right about the stainless bit they clean up well and whats more WORK! another job crossed off the list.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
                    Must get round to sorting mine now!

Comment

Working...
                    X