Facet pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facet pump.

Does anyone know if the low pressure facet pump supplying a swirll pot is always running?
    Mine just stopped recently and so did the car but a gentle knock got it going again.I took it off and tested it and it runs fine but back on it seems to stop and start and I can't remember if that was the norm..... I think not.Seems unlikely to have worn out as she's only done 7000 miles; any thoughts? Happy New Year to everyone.

Re: Facet pump.

Chris
    Is your pump a solid state pump which is square looking or is it a cylindrical looking interrupter pump. The square looking solid state pump runs all the time the engine is turning. The cylindrical interrupter pump probably stops when pressure is reached.(This type of pump is intented for carb fed engin's).
    If your motronic system is wired the same as mine then the pump only runs when the engine is turning.
    Hope this helps

Comment

Hi Peter,
      Thanks for that.Mine is the cylindrical type intended for carbs and it and injection pump do only operate when the engine's running. Prehaps the pressure in the swirl pot is sufficient to stop it even though there is a return to the fuel tank.I'll test in case of any voltage drop; or it may have been a one off as I hadn't run her for 3 weeks. I must get out more! Cheers C

Comment

Hi Chris
        Mine was a Facit pump and it died in the same way as yours except that the 2nd time it stopped it would not respong to the 22mm spanner. Having had a load of trouble with the fuel pump on FMB I finally cured it by increasing the diameter of the feed pipe from the tank. I did have a restrictor in the tank return but now have a filter King pressure reducer on the delivery line to the carbs. Your pump should be happy providing fuel for your swirl pot and I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Comment

Chris can you tell me did you modify your inlet manifold or did you manage to leave it as standard?

Comment

Thanks for that Derek and your right in that it's not doing a lot.After the voltage check I,ll replace it if that's not the problem. Probably just a duff one.

Comment

Danny, I hope the phone chat helped and I'll post a pic if it would be useful.It may have stopped after 2000 revs because enough suction pulled the manifold back!!

Comment

Chris I think you have got it right about suction, because my brake pedal is hard with little brake at low revs, speed, etc but normal at over 2000. Many Thanks Danny.

Comment

The final story on the Facet pump.... I found a whizz kid on fuel systems and he told me that pumps made pre 2001 were not solid state and if left unused or just on a shelf after manufacture { say at Marlin } contacts furred up and became unreliable . I got a red top competition Facet now and its very different; so quite and goes continously; the other was an interrupter and sounded like a woodpecker on an RSJ! Also there are no air bubbles in the fuel filter sight glass pre injetion pump where there was before. So lets hope thats problem solved......

Comment

Working...
                  X