Yorkshire & Derbyshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire & Derbyshire

We set off from Ashbourne in bright sunshine on Friday morning and arrived at Thornton in Lonsdale, Ingleton. Stayed overnight at a small hotel. Met at 10 am in Ingleton Sat morning with fellow Marlin owners, Nutcrackers and Citroen Specials. We set off for a run via Hawes, Kettlewell, Halton Gill for a lunch stop at Stainforth. The weather was fine and sunny, ideal for a run through the Dales.
    After lunch we went through the Forest of Bowland ending our run at Ribchester. After a short stop for tea, we drove back home via Glossop arriving home before 8pm.
    Yesterday we met up with our local classic car club at 9.30 for a 55 mile run to Quarry Bank Mill, Styal. Again the weather was perfect for open top motoring. We left for a run back via Macclesfield and Buxton followed by a meal out in the evening.
    We did approx 375 miles over the 3 days. Car ran perfectly and with no rain, no need for a hood, although it was quite cool by last night.
    Liz

Re: Yorkshire & Derbyshire

A real Marlin weekend then, pleased to hear you're still having fun in the car.

Best Wishes DC

Comment

That sounded like a realy lovely weekend I'm sorry we missed it, I must keep a closer watch for events. You looked to have a very scenic run. I was wondering about your route from Ashbourne to Ingleton. There doesn't seem to be a scenic route past Manchester/ Huddersfield.
      H Dave

Comment

It wasn't a Marlin event, we are members of Nutcrackers who were invited by the Citroen Special club who organised it.
        Our route there and back used some motorways as our Berlinetta has turned out to be a good motorway car having 5 gears and cruising at 60mph.
        In the old days when we ran a Roadster we avoided motorways if possible, but it often took a long time to get there!

Comment

Cheers for that I did wonder.

Comment

Working...
          X