Roadster kit for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster kit for sale

Marina based kit for sale. Rolling chassis, painted and waxoyled, body tub, floor steering,and pedals installed. Brake and fuel line in. All kit parts are there, windscreen, seats, grill, lights, light bar, wings, radiator. A set of five wolfrace alloys with good tyres, but probably out of date stamp.
    The engine is a 1275 marina with zero hrs since rebuild. I have had the engine running for a few minutes and it sounds sweet. Gearbox and propshaft.
    It is of course a project, I was working on it slowly but have bought a complete YKC car, cos time is running on for me.
    I will put it on eBay when I've got a set of pictures, but it's here first. It must be worth a grand for parts alone.
    You can get me on here or phone 07821 863947
    Chris

Re: Roadster kit for sale

Originally posted by chrislibby View Post
    Marina based kit for sale. Rolling chassis, painted and waxoyled, body tub, floor steering,and pedals installed. Brake and fuel line in. All kit parts are there, windscreen, seats, grill, lights, light bar, wings, radiator. A set of five wolfrace alloys with good tyres, but probably out of date stamp.
    The engine is a 1275 marina with zero hrs since rebuild. I have had the engine running for a few minutes and it sounds sweet. Gearbox and propshaft.
    It is of course a project, I was working on it slowly but have bought a complete YKC car, cos time is running on for me.
    I will put it on eBay when I've got a set of pictures, but it's here first. It must be worth a grand for parts alone.
    You can get me on here or phone 07821 863947
    Chris
    Hi Chris, roughly where is the Roadster living? Also short or long wheel base?
    Hood part of the kit?
    If it’s not registered then it is probably only good for the parts. Look forward to some pictures though.
    Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Hi,
      I think it's a shot wheelbase but if you could tell me the two sizes I will measure it.. It's located in Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislibby View Post
        Hi,
        I think it's a shot wheelbase but if you could tell me the two sizes I will measure it.. It's located in Devon.

This should help.

MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Or if it has doors the SWB doors are 700mm and the LWB are 860mm ish overall length.

Comment

This your one Chris?
            I like the wheels and 5 of too.
            Is there a hood to go with it?
            Good luck I see there is a fair bit of interest with 14 watchers and counting.
            Last edited by meverett; 28-10-18, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
              https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253953030685

This your one Chris?
              I like the wheels and 5 of too.
              Is there a hood to go with it?
              Good luck I see there is a fair bit of interest with 14 watchers and counting.
              Pretty sure it is too. Shame it never got completed in time for SVA. Good for accident repair purposes, or spare parts.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Just checked again and looks like it has sold. Club member buy it?

Comment

I would have had the body panels for spares, but seller wanted buyer for the whole car and I don't have room for spare chassis.

Comment

Same here for most panels but mine is LWB also spare engine, spare gearbox etc. and I like the wheels but don’t think the other half would appreciate the chassis hanging around.
                    I was thinking about it but couldn’t think of a good enough excuse just for the spares.

Comment

Just thought i would drop an update for this car. I brought it and have stripped it down panels are being painted black with a red pearl. the engine have and gearbox has been installed. and when i return from holiday next week the panels are being collected and the start of putting back together.

with the help of the DVLA the v5 from the donor car has been updated and it is now a Marlin Roadster 1972 also tax exempt

Comment

Congratulations. Good result from the DVLA, tax free too!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                          Congratulations. Good result from the DVLA, tax free too!
                          Yes well done.
                          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

This sounds like a very good result well done. I will keep looking with interest.

Comment

Working...
                            X