Out and about with the Marlin Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out and about with the Marlin Roadster

Well I have been to a number of shows and meets this year and have enjoyed getting the old girl out and about.

As the Bicester Sunday Scramble was the last one on my calendar this year I am looking forward to finishing/ upgrading the Marlin ready for the first meet next year, Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble on 5th January 2020.

I hope more of our members will come along next year.

It is, in my opinion, one of the best shows around and our cars are always well recieved.

I am also going to Le Mans Classic again next year, let's hope I can get their and back in one piece this time.

It's going to be a little quiet for a few months, not that i won't be using the old girl thoughout the year.

Here's to next year.

Happy Marlining to one and all.

Adrian
    Last edited by listerjp2; 08-10-19, 03:23 PM. Reason: Change of date

Re: Out and about with the Marlin Roadster

I’ve enjoyed reading about your trips and looking at the photos, much appreciated and look forward to more.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Let's make it JRR's year in 2020?

Up for it?

Adrian

Originally posted by David View Post
      I’ve enjoyed reading about your trips and looking at the photos, much appreciated and look forward to more.

Comment

The end of the season and this is when the forum goes quiet. It has been nice to have a read each morning before work.
        Keep us posted with any modifications you do to yours.

Comment

Will do.

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
          The end of the season and this is when the forum goes quiet. It has been nice to have a read each morning before work.

Comment

By the way how is yours coming along?

Adrian

Comment

Ha, it’s not really. Had a break from it as I had a few other projects to get out the way.
              I am planning on getting the fuel plumbed in soon, I am going to fit the tank from underneath and blank the hole next to the tank.
              My lotus 7 itch is still there and a project has come up near me but too expensive for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                Let's make it JRR's year in 2020?

Up for it?

Adrian
                Sounds like a plan!
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I find that being able to bounce ideas of members like yourself sper me on to look further into resolutions. I wouldn't have found the gearbox extension answer without the support of people like yourself who were willing to experiment. Winter is the time for those experiments to take place and I will be again be looking at answers for those questions and will continue to report back beit good or bad. I do not have an engineering background but enjoy dabbling. I look forward to all that contribute to the forum and hope that we all progress in a small way which can help others. The forum is alive and well and will continue to add to our everyday hobby. Keep all the comments coming, they are useful to someone. I have enjoyed this year driving and meeting like minded people and look forward to doing more next year. End of heartfelt babbling.

Ha, it’s not really. Had a break from it as I had a few other projects to get out the way.
                  I am planning on getting the fuel plumbed in soon, I am going to fit the tank from underneath and blank the hole next to the tank.
                  My lotus 7 itch is still there and a project has come up near me but too expensive for what it is.

Comment

Well said !
                    Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Working...
                    X