Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio/Hunter owners - - please help

Hi to all of you.

I am aware that I am a pain, but I am continuing to try and sort out the Cabrio production list

The early Cabrios had kit numbers on the end of the Roadster & Berli sequences (T4 1590 to T4 1676) prior
    to starting at T4 021, with the last that I am aware of being T4 299

Terry Matthews says that 196 Cabrios and Hunters were built (kits and complete cars), so as with Sportsters
    the sequence is more than the number of cars

In order to help me try to make sense of this, could you please let me know the T4 numbers and the
    registration number of your car

This information is for the archive database only, I have many car reg. numbers which I need to tie in

Thanks in anticipation

Dave Cunnington

PS I'm also putting a request in the Sportster section, as there are also large gaps and it requires the same help !
    Last edited by dcunn; 01-02-20, 12:22 PM.

Re: Cabrio/Hunter owners - - please help

20200125_103445.jpg
    Screenshot_20200114-174804_eBay.jpg

Comment

Many thanks Kieran, that's another one off the list

B Rgds DC

Comment

T4235krkrlc1002cc - g854uam

Comment

Cheers Chris, many thanks for that

The dating is useful, I'm hopeful that with just a few more it might all begin to make sense !

Rgds DC

Comment

I bought the kit 07/10/2003

Comment

More thanks, Chris

DC

Comment

I think you already have my details but just in case:

T4-079, Reg J7156NFL Built between 9/95 and 10/96 so presumably the kit was bought early to mid '95.

Comment

Thanks Geoff, yes.

Your full numbers are T4 079 AGKR9510, so kit produced Oct 1995

Rgds DC

Comment

Thats interesting because, according to the builder, he started it in Sept 95, a month before the kit was produced. I know he did a quick job but thats impressive!

Comment

Just checked mine number is T4 - 056 and reg is F631 FAV built around 95 I believe

Comment

Hi John, thanks for that info, it's one more off my list !

if you can look at the numbers/letters on the chassis plate you should get a date
                        from it - and I'd like these numbers too please, as and when you get a moment.

The kit was bought by an M Stent, who had planned to fit a 2L Pinto but due to ill
                        health he sold the car incomplete to G Thorpe in Jan 2015 - the rest you know

The only pics we have are the one from G Thorpe and the one you sent me, so when
                        summer has arrived, please get your camera out

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                          Hi John, thanks for that info, it's one more off my list !

if you can look at the numbers/letters on the chassis plate you should get a date
                          from it - and I'd like these numbers too please, as and when you get a moment.

The kit was bought by an M Stent, who had planned to fit a 2L Pinto but due to ill
                          health he sold the car incomplete to G Thorpe in Jan 2015 - the rest you know

The only pics we have are the one from G Thorpe and the one you sent me, so when
                          summer has arrived, please get your camera out

Rgds DC
                          Sorry my plate does not have the date numbers only the T4 - 056 number. As for the history of the car I have mots for the car up to 2011. as you say the car was originally built with a pinto and gary put the 2.8 v6 in that the car now has though this is in the process of being replaced with a jag aj30 motor. Will put some pics of this process on the site as well. (Any one interested in 2.8 on Carb with 5 speed box in good nick running nicely). Will send some Pics from sunny Northumberland.

Comment

Look forward to the pics John - I think you have my email addy, and it's in Pitstop

Also look forward to the engine fit story /pics !

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi Dave,
                              I think you might already have my details, but here they are just in case.

Marlin Cabrio - B773BFJ - T4 149 JGKR 9803 MWV8

Collected the kit on 10th March 1998, passed SVA at the second attempt on 1st September 2003.
                              I never tire of driving my Cabrio, it always puts a smile on my face and makes me feel 20yrs younger to boot!
                              And I am sure i am not alone in that sentiment.

All the best Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X