MARLIN STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARLIN STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST

ANYONE GOT AN EXHAUST( STAINLESS IF POSSIBLE) TO FIT A 1.3 MARINA ENGINED MARLIN. i AM HAVING PROBLEMS AS MINE HAS A CHERRY BOMB FITTED AND TENDS TOWARDS OVERHEATING. SOMEONE MENTIONED THAT IT CAN BE DUE TO THE BACK PRESSURE, BUT DONT KNOW ENOUGH...ANY IDEA'S OR ANY STAINLESS EXHAUSTS OUT THERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Re: MARLIN STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST

There was a guy selling stainless boxes at Stoneleigh that interested me, as the baffles have gone in my (Cabrio) system. He was selling oval SS boxes for ?35 (+?10 p & p), and he offered to fit any size pipe to the inlet/outlet if I called him. He's Glynn Jones, at 0113 284 2084 (W. Yorks)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
      Missed you at Stoneleigh Theo. You coming to the next SHEB?

Keith, I know it's petty but can you not use capitals on the forum please? It denotes SHOUTING! And why aren't you a member????? Gentle dig of encouragement :-)

Comment

IT IS A LONG WAY FROM CARLISLE TO BEDFORD!
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

kEITH,

There are a number of us that live in Cumbria and are members and we do not travel to Bedford either as the beer is only shandy !!!!!.

cheers............Bob

Comment

Hold on there !!!!!!!
            At least we don't pump air into it to make it taste list soap bubbles we drink it natural.

Comment

Sorry Sue, I never meant to shout, that I only do after a few shandies, lagers, ciders .... or any other alcoholic beverage........and I will be joining once I can get this thing of mine back on the road again.Back to the exhaust, my 1300 marina engines roadster seems to be running hot, could it be due to the cherrybomb exhaust causing too much back pressure etc. And what type of exhausts have other members fitted to their 1300 marina roadsters. Any helpful hints appreciated!...About the exhaust....not my drinking habits...please!

Comment

We arrived late at Stoneleigh, so didn't get to the MOC area (we'd driven down from Berwick-on-Tweed that morning in the BBS). Hope to make it to the next meet, but the Marlin is still suffering erratic and catastrophic electrical short circuits, so dont trust it far. By the way, we have some of the best real ale pubs in the country round here; as a Morris Dancer, I've tried most of them. Back to the thread, the Exhaust man I quoted is in Pool in Wharfedale, near Leeds, W. Yorkshire

Comment

Keith,
                  With ref to your engine getting hot, it will be doutfull this is due to the exhaust on a 1300 engine. It will be due to the engine fan is to far from the radiator. Try fitting a electric fan in front of the radiator or getting the rad moded to 3 core. I have heard that someone used that "WET WATER"?? coolant that Halfords sell reduces engine temp by as mush as 20%. As you live in the Great northern town of strong beer drinking Carlisle I have a spare 2 core rad if you want to test. Ask Lee to give me a ring.
                  cheers.........Bob

Comment

Keith
                    I agree with all of Bob's entry,can't see that the exhaust backpressure would cause that amount of overheating.My 1275 initaally used to run hot/overheat, then found that the viva rad was only single core pattern job.Replaced it with 2 core and fitted electric fan - no further problems, in fact sat in 1 hour of traffic trying to get into Stoneleigh one year with engine running continually,not so the several 7 replica's behind!!

Comment

Thanks, for the info gents...much appreciated. I will look into all three...wet water...3 core and a fan...will be nice to get to the bottom of the problem so I can go anywhere without the worry of overheating..Keith.

Comment

The only way I can imagine the Cherry Bomb adding to the overheating problem is by its LACK of back-pressure (it's a through-flow exhaust, isn't it?)

By allowing the engine to 'breath' more easily, more air passes through which could make the fuel/air mix a tad more weak. An over-weak mix is one of the things that can cause an engine to run hotter, I believe?

I don't think it's the actual cause though!

Comment

i have just fit an electric fan to my roadster It took a few hours but that mod alone was well worth it, sat in standing traffic for a while and as soon as the temp started to rise flicked the fan on and within a minute it was down between normal and cool. Got it from Car builder solutions 10" fan with fixing kit and manual switch for about ?50. fitting was easy nose cone unbolted and slid forward to lightbar and fan slipped in from underneath.

Comment

Mike, are these the same ones as advertised on ebay?10 inch fan with fitting kit?Does it come with brackets or do you have to fashion them yourself?
                            cheers Keith.

Comment

Working...
                            X