Lucas Fuse Box Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Fuse Box Frustration

Hi, I'm quite frustrated with this nice little bulkhead-mounted fusebox/loom-grommet on my Triumph-based car. The bottom fuse (headlights + cooling fan) is a bit melted and sometimes the fuse loses contact, which has driven me nuts over the years.

Trouble is, I really don't know how to go about finding a like replacement. Any ideas?

It says "LUCAS ENGLAND" on the left near the grommet, but that's it.

MOT appointment tomorrow morning - wish me luck!

Regards,
    Ty
    Attached Files

Re: Lucas Fuse Box Frustration

Ty, Have a look at www.Vehicle Wiring Products.co.uk, they have every type of fuse boxes.

Comment

You know, I'm generally a pretty mild-mannered, calm type of guy -- but this fuse box is driving me to madness...

Intermittent headlamps that are only about 80% reliable are just not good enough. And it's all corroded away such that any tweaking w/ this box is just making a bad situation worse...

Anyway, not to just complain -- can anyone recommend a good system to replace this frustrating old box? Blades perhaps? Any experiences and/or pros and cons I should consider? Thanks!

(by the way, the MOT went fine today - electrics and all - so that's all good...) But once I got home, the headlights weren't coming on again despite the relay clicking. Arghh! That's followed by an hour or so of probing and poking, then the lights eventually working - then not working during a drive in the late afternoon. Frustrtating...

I just want to nip this all in the bud!

Rant over.

Thanks,
      Ty

Comment

Try Premier Wiring, the old boy there is very helpful. Either http://www.premierwiring.co.uk or 01506 883886.

Comment

WWW.autosparks.co.uk have a wide selection of fuse boxes

Comment

If you replace the fuse bos with one that has more fuses you could then split the fuse load of the lights and fan between seperate fuses. PS Will post manual soon.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Cheers Ben,
              The fuse box project is pretty high on my to-do list of marlin projects. Nice now that I'm on holiday (school teacher, remember) I've got time to just work on projects like this. Quite therapeutic, turning spanners, really.

Comment

Working...
              X