Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor for 1275cc Marina engine

Message originally posted by: Franklin Woodcock
    I am considering bidding for one of the new electronic dizzies advertised on e-bay. They go for about £65 + post which is OK cosidering it is a new item. My slight doubt (or ignorance) is this - they are advertised as the 45D type, which is the number I quote when I buy new points, condenser etc. but the illustration shows a dizzy with a diaphram disc on the side. Mine does not have one of these so I assume it has centrafugal weights doing the A/R business. What do you think I should do.

Re: distributor for 1275cc Marina engine

Franklin
    What you have is a 43D4 [without vacuum] it is identical in most other respects to the 45D4.The omission of the vacuum was an attempt my BL to cure crank rumble on the Marina

Comment

Thanks Alan I thought you would know. So, if I fit a 45D I assume I would have to make a connection to the inlet manifold or put a junction in the servo vacuum pipe. Also as a matter of interest how would the 43D4 have any effect on crank rumble (what is crank rumble)?
      Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Technically 'crank rumble' is described as 'amplitude modulation of certain engine frequencies' whatever that means,and as to what effect taking the vacuum advance /retard out of the equation has is beyond my understanding,but seemingly that's what BL did and why! As to the takeoff for the vacuum I do remember that the later HIF type carb had the provision on the carb body,but can't honestly remember where it came off if you had the earlier HS type, it may have been a take off on the carb/manifold insulation block. Need someone else's input here please.

Comment

Thanks Alan for that. The take off for the servo is on the manifold but it would be neater to break into it by the servo which is closer to the dizzy. Do you think this is the thing to do?
          Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Hi Franklin, nice to hear you about again, if you are looking for an uprated dizzy, try Aldon Automotive (they have a web site) as they were the best for performance 1275 mini ignition parts, and still do quie a lot of work on them. all the best Merv

Comment

Thanks Merv, we can discuss this further at SEMS on Sept. 2nd if you can make it. If not, contact me direct.
              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Merv, just checked the time of your message - difficulty sleeping?
                Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
                X