Track-rod ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track-rod ends

Now I'm onto the front suspension tidy-up, the track rod rubber boots are perished. Can I replace the boots or should I replace the whole item? If I'm replacing the whole thing, are they Marina specific or generic items and what is the advantage of rose-jointed items? Thanks in advance to all the knowledgeable folk on this forum - what would I do without you !!

Re: Track-rod ends

You don't normally have to replace the trackrods unless you have been driving round with little or no bushes. If they are ok? just replace the bushes with SuperFlex ones.

Comment

Trevor
      Assuming we are singing from the same song sheet - see item 220101970881 on e-bay

Comment

Alan, we appear to be singing the same song and I've just bought the item, thanks. How come I couldn't find any when I searched !!
        Adrian, I think I'm getting even more confused. I've seen track-rod ends described as tie-rod ends and I think the trackrods you are meaning are what I thought were tie-bars ! I have got replacement Superflex bushes for these and also replacement bars as they have obviously been loose and have partially worn where they pass through the bracket behind the front bumper.
        Attached Files

Comment

Word blindness, tiredness, who knows. Sometimes I wonder what planet I am on. Mind you I had just come back from a day trip to Cumbria to pick up a gearbox. Anyway just ignor my ramblings, one day I will get up to speed with the rest of the world.

Comment

Careful of 'rare' parts on eBay - track rod ends are freely available off the shelf from your motor factor - about £4 each I think mine were

Comment

Back in real time. I agree with Chris I bought mine from AllParts £3.75 each. Always a good idea to see if parts are available off the shelf first. Even managed to buy my TIE-BARS (and this time I mean Tie-Bars) from AllParts as well.

Comment

Thetrack rod end screws onto the end of the steering rack is very common part. The rubber boot on the track rod end is replaceable and most local factors have a card with various sizes on, as long as you can slit the taper joint without murdering the collar where the boot seats you will be OK .
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks guys, unfortunately my favourite local motor factor closed recently taking with them their dust laden stock of "Marlin parts" and friendly staff. The local Partco staff look at you kinda weird if you mention "Marina" - hence eBay is an easy option.

Comment

Working...
                  X