Help MGB/Marina spigot bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help MGB/Marina spigot bush

I'm fitting an MGB engine into my marina based roadster. Cant get the spigot bush off the Marina engine whatever way I try. Got the MGB one out though.
    The MGB bush has an overall diameter of 29mm.
    Thought I had solved the problem by buying a spigot bush QSB 106 off ebay. This has an overall diameter of only 19mm though. On more careful examination the Marina spigot bush seems to be housed in a steel sleeve to bring the overall diameter up to the 29mm reqd to fit it to the MGB/Marina crank.

Have I got the right spigot bush?

Can you buy the steel sleeve to fit the QSB 106 bush into the end of the MGB crank.

Ps still intend to fit a Ford Crossflow engine - this was supposed to be an easy/quick option to use the car whilst I got the Ford parts required!!!!!

Re: Help MGB/Marina spigot bush

The manual clearly shows that the Marina (1800 at least) spigot bush was in two parts; a bronze inner (Or sometimes a needle roller, although my mind may be playing tricks here) press fitted into a steel outer.

The instructions show removal of the inner by tapping 9/16 UNF and pulling it out with a slide hammer with a 9/16 adaptor screwed on the end.

The outer sleeve is then removed in a similar way only with a larger thread. The instructions go on to say that a factory assembled pair is then refitted. ( I am quoting the Leyland workshop manual here)

I am not sure this helps though as you will still be short of a steel sleeve to fit the Marina bush.

Comment

Re: Help MGB/Marina spigot bush

Roger - IIRC the "double" spigot bush was only a feature of early Mk1 Marinas. Mk1 estates and post '74 cars had a single bush of smaller diameter. The reason for the double bush in the early cars was (I believe) that they shared the same crank as the MGB so there had to be a bodge to accomodate the smaller Marina input shaft. Later Marinas had a dedicated different crank.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
      X