1800 single carb manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1800 single carb manifold.

I have just been re reading all the threads on the trials and tribulations of B series 1800 owners and their carb problems.

I have just fitted a "new" engine to Wee Beastie but I have shoved the old manifolds and and carbs back on. what I am looking for is a single carb manifold that fits an 1800 engine but allows me to keep the LCB fabricated exhaust manifold.

One solution, (not a nice one) is to hacksaw the inlet manifold bit off a Marina SC combined manifold. Is there a better solution out there?

Ideally I would like to fit one really big late SU say an HIF6

Re: 1800 single carb manifold.

Don - Maniflow will make you a dedicated manifold if you ask. I have enquired previously, though cost is not insignificant! You could also try to widen a Mini HIF/HS6 inlet, though not sure how successful this would be. Barring that or DIY tube bending there aren't many options I know of. That said, I have considered getting a SC landcrab manifold (exhaust and inlet combined as per Marina but which does not have an inclined inlet) and hacking that apart...bit rare though...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
    X