Wheels for a Marina based roadster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for a Marina based roadster.

Not wishing to hijack the tyre pressure thread, I will ask this question here. what wheels are suitable for a marina based roadster.

Now I know that I can buy Minilites or the copies, what I am really asking is what other cheaply available wheels will fit, with or without the use of spacers.

Wheels that come to mind are those used on the cars that evolved in an engineering sense, from the mini, and so have the same stud PCD; Metro, Rover 200 series, MGF etc. Any ideas?

Re: Wheels for a Marina based roadster.

Don, have a look on the Quiller-Triumph website. GT6 have the same pcd as a Marina. They have quite a range of alloys at various prices.

Comment

I nearly bought a set of alloys with a 4 stud fixing from a Rover 45 that i was told would fit Marina hubs.

Comment

Don,
        I have 15" Minilite's on my car with 185/45 profile tyres, but previous i had cosmic ribsters that are 185/70/13...If your interested they shall be going up for sale. They are in new condition with brand new Dunlop sp sport tyres fitted.

Comment

Don,
          MGF alloys are the best option. They need 10mm or greater spacers. This will also require longer wheel studs. If you use the MGF nuts then they use 1.5 threads. Montego and Maestro wheels will also fit with the same spacers. Lotus Elise S1 have the correct PCD but are really too wide. If you go MGF then no wider than 6J or they will be too wide. If you need to stick to 13" wheels then any of the Triumph wheels will fit from the Spitfire, Herald, GT6 or Vitesse. You can but special adaptors from MGF tuner Mike Satur that let you fit ANY wheel to to a hub with 3.75" PCD but cost £150 so not the cheapest. There is a set on eBay 280159792858 at the moment.
          Hope this helps.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Don,
            Also, the MK2 Metro and Rover 100 have a 3.75" PCD so this could be an option. The MK2 came in GTA trim that had nice X-spoke alloys. There is also a lot more choice in aftermarket wheels as these guys have finallly realised that there are many MGF owners who wish to upgrade. Be careful though as many only seem to do 6.5J which is really too wide.
            NB. I think I have the spacer size wrong on above thread. Should be 17mm for a 100mm back space.
            Workings:
            MGF has a 6J rim with 28 mm offset.
            Therefore 6+1=7; 7x25.4=177.8; 177.8/2=88.9; 88.9+28=116.9
            We need a maximum 100mm backspace so 116.9-100=16.9mm spacer required.
            Attached Files
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

If you are looking for alloys for your Marina based Marlin take a look at these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110259081 350&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

Comment

Working...
              X