YKC on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKC on Ebay

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it there is a YKC on ebay. Can't believe it but it has no reserve??

Item number 220156421172

Re: YKC on Ebay

Looks interesting, but I asked seller how old the kit was for SVA compliance. It's 5 years old and was SVA compliant then. Any ideas on how SVA has changed? It finishes shortly anyway.

Comment

I would not want to rely on any backup from Aquila sports !!!!!

Comment

Well I am the lucky winner! The car is like the proverbial...good and bad in parts. There is much more with the kit than I expected - not bad for £350 of anyones hard earned cash. BUt most of the work will need re-doing. However, the rear suspension is now on including the sierra diff and its starting to look good down there. The instrction manual is a few sheets of photcopied scraps of paper (no wonder the previous owner gave up) I really have no idea why I would be trying to fit a piano hinge to the one piece bonnet!!! The instructions are old Marlin Roadster ones. If anyone has some more up to date ones I would be very grateful.

Aquila.... no answer on any phone at all. They are supposed to be going to Exeter Kit car show but I wont be able to make it.

Parts I have yet to source are the prop shaft (SD1 gearbox to Sierra diff - ooher)which I guess will have to be specially made. Windscreen glass, and those bloomin instructions!

Glad to have any help offered at all - this is my first Kit though I am experienced at car restoration having done several MGs and Spitfires over the last 20 years.

Hope to meet some of you soon too.

Comment

Working...
        X