Lumpy Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumpy Steering

The steering on my LWB Marina based Roadster has suddenly got very lumpy. It is OK turning left but upon turning right It appears to get caught (like its sticking) for a moment and then is ok albeit stiff. Any ideas before I strip down the whole suspension and steering?

Re: Lumpy Steering

Adrian
    Disconnect track rods from steering arms and see if it feels same,that should tell you whether its in the trunnions or the rack.Also the universal coupling bolts are close to engine side panel - check clearance is not an issue

Comment

Thanks Alan, I was told it might also mean that my , don't laugh, nipples might need greasing. It appears to have improved the situation but only time will tell. Will take it to Peterborough tomorrow and see how she goes. Will keep you informed.

Comment

Hi Adrian

My steering got very lumpy and I felt as though I was steering in squares. Turned out to e th bottom UJ on my steering column. Not sure of the set up on a Roadster but this was on my Berli.

Comment

If it does turn out to be your UJ, see my thread below titled 'Jagspares'!

Comment

Working...
          X