Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old roadster - RNH 666R

Hi,

I used to own a LWB Roadster some time ago and seeing Sue in CKC reminded me of her. I still have all the old receipts / history of the car up until the point where she went up in flames in December 2005 and wondered if anyone knew of the cars current status? Oh, and I also have the metal frame for the back for the box (http://www.stefancarlton.net/index.php?menu=pic&pF=3&aID=98&iO=4)

That last thing I heard was that it was in a scrap-yard in Mid Lothian where someone bought it at auction. It doesn't appear to have been registered on the road again (according to the DVLA anyway) but I was wondering if someone is actually repairing it?

I had loads of fun in the old girl and have happy memories of touring Scotland, taking her to shows etc so it'd be nice to hear she's currently getting repaired...

Cheers

Stefan

Re: My old roadster - RNH 666R

Hi Stefan
    Well, I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding your old car but I didn't like seeing your post completely unanswered especially as you were such an active participant here in your 'Marlin days'. You helped me out via the forum a couple of times so just wanted to say hello and hope you are enjoying your new kit car ownership. Is it a GTM?
    Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Re: My old roadster - RNH 666R

Hi Simon,

My old car appears to have bitten the dust then I would have thought that the new owner would have joined the MOC as a matter of course so someone would know of it's whereabouts - the fact noone does is pretty damning! Crying shame really to lose the car like that, especially after my brother-in-law had rebuilt her.

Yep, I got a GTM Libra 1.4 back in May 2006 (bought it at Stoneleigh). Cracking little car and I love it to bits (frequently!), but its an entirely different beast to the Roadster (its waterproof for a start!). I run it as my only car more successfully than the Roadster I guess, but going out in it doesn't have such a sense of occasion about it.

I hope everyone at the MOC is still going strong and I guess I'll just throw those receipts out

See you around.

Stefan

Comment

Working...
      X