Pinto electronic ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto electronic ignition

I wish to upgrade the points system distributer to electronic. I have aquired an original equipment Bosch electronic distributor, I have yet to obtain the ignition module and coil but that is not a problem. What I cannot find is a wiring loom, is it possible to make it up ones self, if so is there a clever sparks out there who could assist me with a wiring diagram and any advice from experience would be appreciated ?

Re: Pinto electronic ignition

Beg,borrow or buy the Haynes Sierra manual. I have just completed making up a brand new loom for my ancient Berli to allow me to fit the Sierra SOHC injected engine. The diagrams in the book appear to be correct; you will need to peruse the ignition system for the carburetted engine. The wiring is a not complicated and the relevant coloured "thinwall" cable is obtainable from vehicle wiring products( vehicleproducts.co.uk). One cable will require screening. If you go this route I have a reel of screening and could send you a bit if required. The dizzy and ignition module plugs are available from Bosch outlets (I use Richards Bros in Redruth). It is not too difficult a job if logically performed. Make sure that you have the correct coil. This does not require the ballast lead so you will need to by-pass that. I have chopped all unneccessary cables out of my loom.
    Good luck with the mod.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Thanks for that Dane, I will go the Haynes manual route and have a go making the harness, so i would like to take you up on your offer of a length of screening please. I am reluctant to put my address on the forum so can I sugest we liase via e mail and I will forward my address to you that way. [email protected]

Comment

Hi John, I have a Sierra Haynes manual and I live in Gerrards Cross. Give me a call 07740 740 109

Comment

Working...
        X