Another Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Conundrum

Yep me again, the original instructions for this SWB roadster says that the seat belts should pass over the steel tube hoop supporting the rear body? I don't appear to have this hoop, should I have one, is it needed, does anyone have one? The kit was purchased 16th April 1984. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Another Conundrum

Hi adrian I will try to send drawing if not email me as in pit stop
    Attached Files
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi ben I may have not described my conumdrum clearly. My chassis number is 2560M and doesn't have the backstay bracket or the triagular steel piece where the mount sits. Instead the instructions are as attached and also the picture is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Adrian,
        The hoop does not exist on the later marina based roadster. Ben's picture shows a later factory fit that enabled the use of inertia seat belts. My car has the static 3 point belt and the instructions tell you to just bolt the end to the spreader plate as labeled in Bens picture. That's it!!
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Sorry, should have read backstay bracket as labelled in Ben's picture!!
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

John and Ben Many thanks for you help. Adrian

Comment

Working...
            X