Floor cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor cracks

My Marlin failed the MOT on a number of things including a split along the length of the seat pan floor going almost front to back on one side. As I couldnt find a ali welder I put in a nice angle of ali £7 B&Q) and securely bolted this at 3.5 inch intervals. All Fine now. The bulkhead issue turned out to be loose bolts.

Re: Floor cracks

Hi Peter, Just for the record, has your car got ply floors and is a LWB or SWB. Its a bit late now but if bolt on panel sealer is used in the joints it helps to firm up the joint. Can you see any reason why the tunnel side should have cracked. My car suffered a head on crash when it was ayear old and the whole tunnel went forward over an inch tearing the rear bulk head. But the tunnel itself has survived 19 years later.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Re: Floor cracks

Hi Ben. It has a mixture of ply and aluminium and the ali forms a slight bicket where the seat locates.

On the drivers side the edge that runs parallel to the prop had split at the 90 degree joint for some 2/3 rds its length. Just wear and tear and maybe I should lose va few pounds ha ha!The length of angled ali strip from B&Q was just the job tho and bolted easily from the inside with the seat out.
      ali angle

Comment

Working...
      X