Spears and repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears and repairs

I have bought a second hand marlin roadster P reg. and it needs a new roof as well as the frame for the roof. I would be grateful for any information on how, where, price, etc. I can get my hands on a complete roof for the car.

Any information appreciated

Thank you

Re: Spears and repairs

Here is picture of the car with no roof, so you know what I mean by my car needs a completey new roof!

Comment

Matthew
      Give Chris Mellor at Lang and Potter a ring about hood phone no 01752 346346.The clubs 'tech tips' has info on making your own folding frame

Comment

thank you for that, but unfortunatly no luck with them.

thanx again.

Comment

Matthew
          You could try Aquila sports cars for the hood and frame,you will also need the glassfibre cant rail that secures the hood to the top/front of windscreen if you haven't got one.All I can say is 'best of luck' with Aquila by all accounts! A vehicle trimmer/upholsterer is your other option for hood but you still need the other items first.Talk to Sue Roedel about putting a request on the 'wanted' section Hope you are going to join the club and welcome to Marlin ownership.

Comment

Thank you, for that message and thank you for the welcome. I will defiantly look into that further, greatly appreciated.

When I got the car it came with the roof and frame but it’s all rusted and broken, so I got all the bits, in some shape or form.

Ill check out Aquila sports cars web site.

Thanx again

Comment

Hi Matthew.

If you have the old hood, then pretty much any upholstery company in your area will be able to use it as a template to make up a new hood. Expect to pay, ooh, around £350 for a one-of double-duck hood made this way, or probably £450+ for one in mohair. (I'm basing these prices on quotes I got for an NG TF hood which is significantly larger - I've reduced the quotes accordingly).

I'm surprised other Roadster users haven't settled on a single supplier, tho'! You could then surely pick 'em up of-the-shelf and at a reduced cost?

Comment

Donnie
                I think that's got to be something the club looks into as it appears from more recent entries that Lang and Potter cannot help [surprisingly as I had Cabrio hood and roadster tonneau from them about 2 years ago] The lack of support for both the Roadster and Berli also raises the question of replacement panels,I propose that SHOULD the moulds become available we as a club should endeavor to secure them for the benefit of the membership

Comment

I appreciate everyones help, but im still having trouble. I am looking to use it again once the bad weather has cleared say Febuary March, but still id like to get it done as soon as possible. As i love driving it.

Ive emailed a few people such as Aquila sports cars and even the marlin people with no reply. the research continues...

thanx again everyone.

Comment

Hi Mathew,
                    Ive just been through the same scenario, I could not get anyone from the spares dept at Aquila to return a phone call even though I managed to get through to a receptionist, I tell you its easier to get an audience with the Pope than to speak to someone at Aquila !
                    I was originaly turned away by Lang and Potter and told to go to Aquila their distributor to buy a hood, but I went back to L&P and told Chris Mellor on 01742 346346 he had sent me on a mission impossible and that if he did not supply me I would go elsewhere and he would loose the sale - at that point he agreed to supply. It was worth persevering, their quality is excellent and the price is right. Hope this is of some help to you.

Comment

Hi All

The Club has had no luck in contacting Aquila. It's not looking good. WE are trying to contact Don Burt from YKC to see if he has any news. Will keep you posted.

Comment

The way of the dodo - me thinks.

I second Alan's proposal - "I propose that SHOULD the moulds become available we as a club should endeavor to secure them for the benefit of the membership"

Comment

Matthew
                          In case I hear of anyone with a spare serviceable hood - is your roadster long or short wheelbase?

Comment

Re the Hood - Chris is indeed very helpful but might have been a key supplier to Aquila so unwilling to appear to be trading behibd their backs. Ive had a tonneau made in the past and he is great to deal with so hopefully he can continue to look after us.

Peter

Comment

Would it be possible for MOC to set up a direct line to Lang-Potter as they are a very helpfull company ,More than can be said for Aqulia!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X