Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very New Marlin member

Hi

I have just been given a Marlin Kit car by a friend who had it in his garage for 15 years,

I would like to start to build but have no instructions as yet,the car i have is a marlin roadster LWB,and i have many pieces.

does anyone have a copy of the intructions and a list of all the parts i need.

Also are any of the owners local to me because i would love to meet up and have a chat and also pick there brains.

I have been given a rebored 1300 Marina engine and gearbox is this any good, apparently it wont fit straight in and the engine mounts will require fabricating.

I think this will be one of many post as i have not built a Kit car before, but have tinkered with many Morris Minors over the years

thanks in advance

Jason

Re: Very New Marlin member

Well first, welcome to MOC. I will try and answer your questions in turn. Build instructions - I sent some to Ty and he uploaded them to his site, try www.tiyen.com/moc. I live in High Wycombe which isn't a million miles from you, if you have a number I could then ring you and arrange a meet. 1300 Marina engines were the stock motor for a lot of Marlins depends when yours was made. Does it have torsion bar suspension and tie rods? Hope this helps - Adrian

Comment

One other thing, you say you have the engine, do you have a gearbox? There is one on ebay at the moment - Item number: 330193563938

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I dont suppose the instructions have pictorial diagrams

All the suspension is partially assembled and i think it does have them, the gearbox came with the engine

My telephone is 07795-325-169 email at home [email protected] or work [email protected]

Comment

Don't forget all kit cars have to pass the SVA test now. You should get a copy of the SVA manual. There are a few copies knocking arround for download now - if you google SVA you should be able to find one. Cheers Robin

Comment

Hiya again, I can help you out with some information that I have from my own travels throughout the internet and also have a softback of a book called KitCars and the Law (SVA) Sixth Edition. This book has everything you need to know to pass the SVA but in simple terms. You can have this free of charge if you want. Adrian

Comment

Yes please it would be of great help,do you want me to send you the postage costs

Thanks
              Jason

Comment

Hi there I have a fully illustrated build manual and could post you a copy in the new year if you still need one.

Comment

Yes Please

Drop us an email @

[email protected]

Cheers

Jason

Comment

Working...
                  X