Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers and holes in windscreen frame

Hi
    I need to get some wiper arms. What length wiper arms are used on a mk1 roadster? Secondly do the wheel boxes stick quite proud of the bodywork( approximatly 35 mm)
    Thirdly my windscreen frame has two tapped holes in the sides. Can anyone tell me if this is standard and what they might be for. I though they might be used to secure the side screens.

Re: Wipers and holes in windscreen frame

One other question. What side do the wipers normally park?

Thanks

Comment

Dave
      You can use either mini arms which you need to shorten to 168mm[measured from centre of boss to end] by drilling out the rivets that secure the upper arm to the lower section and rerivetting or 3mm stainless screw or using one of the 'adjustable' type arns together with land rover blades which are 10inch [again trim down to 9inch] Most roadsters use the Marina wheelbox,but you can use allegro ones which are identical in size but have the advantage of an increase in the swept area.I'm not sure on the 35mm protrusion you have unless of course the Mk1 uses a different wheelbox.The 'tapped' holes may be to take mirror stalks if they are around 8-10 mm if smaller then it's more likely for the sidescreen fasteners. Ben Caswell is the Mk1 expert so you might wish to contact him if you have further questions.

Comment

Dave, tapped holes in side of windscreen frame for side screens, wipers park to the left ( as you are sitting in the car). Try citroen 2cv wipers and arms. Hope this helps,

Comment

Thanks for the info. Dave

Comment

Hi Dave Nothing to add really but you will probably find the wheel boxes were from a Herald if the car is Mk1.
            Do I have your car details for the Mk1 register?
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X