Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in buying a Roadster

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a Roadster but would like to try one first for size.

Are there any local clubs or anyone in Warwick area that would be able to offer some advice?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Jim

Re: Interested in buying a Roadster

Jim, unfortunately I am in Dorset but I had a long haul finding the right kit car for me. Marlin was long down the list but I am so pleased I chose one. I managed to find mine advertised on these pages classified section and it was a fabulously well built Mk3 Roadster which was very cheap. All I can suggest is keep your eyes open and travel for the right car, If you would like some pics go to http://www.fourpawsagilityclub.co.uk/marlin.html which mine is currently hosted on. The only fault in my eyes (more a restriction than fault) is the size. if you are obese or very tall you will struggle. I am 5' 11" and it suits me fine but Paul who built it advised me that he had allsorts of shapes and sizes of people who were never going to buy a Marlin as they would not have fitted in !

Comment

I am 5-10" 14ish stone some would say a fat b.....d but I can manage a SWB marlin ok.I would wait for a Marlin any day as I have driven Robin hoods, Caterhams etc and ok for track days but crap on the roads as very comman as grass in feilds and you feel every pebble on the road. With a Marlin you have a better stroger chassis and a better class of car which every body wants to look at and talk to you about it. Just pop along to the kit car show at stoneleigh in may and you will see the differnce. Contact Danny Nelson at the owners club as he has always cars for sale and lives near you.

Comment

Thanks for your replies Brian and Bob

Information and link was useful.

I will keep looking and go and test one.

Comment

Will keep you posted on how I get on (apoligies for the double post)

Comment

6'2" / 16 stone and a SWB Roadster is fine for me - I think most people would be okay in one

Comment

Working...
            X