Tracking - Marina based Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking - Marina based Roadster

I have just changed my steering rack (from those lovely people at Speedy Spares)on my LWB Marina Based Roadster and now need to get the tracking right. Anyone know what the settings should be?

Re: Tracking - Marina based Roadster

In the middle of the steering rack there is a 1/4" hole, you need to fit a punch/dill to align up with a hole in the rake shaft, so if you slowly turn the steering wheel and you will feel the drill drop in to a hole to lock the rack shaft from moving from side to side. then adjust you trac-rod ends so you wheels are staight with a 1/8" to 3/16" toe in at the front. you will to measure the rear inner of the wheel rim and the front and adjust to achive the correct setting.After adjustment roll the car forward/backwards and recheck setting. Make sure you seering wheel is aligned also by removing it and refitting or refitting the the swival yoke on to the steering rack. If you have a Haynes manual it explains better.

Comment

Re: Tracking - Marina based Roadster

Bob - Many thanks. As is such a nice day I will get to it right away. Adrian

Comment

Working...
      X