lining up exi body panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lining up exi body panels

What are the secrets to lining up the bodywork gentlemen? Any advice welcome.

Re: lining up exi body panels

No real secret. Are doing a doored version?

Start with the centre section behond the seats. Bottom edge of this section should be 80mm from top edge of chassis. Will need to check this.

Then line up from there.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the reply. Not a doors version this is up and running I am not happy with the panel position. the front section looks to tight to the screen and sitting a little low to my eye. Is there a starting position nose to tail for the centre sections on each side?

Comment

Hmm not sure on the non dorred version. I know the side pods on the doored version required pading to get the right level in relation to the dash. Looking at my screen, Marlin used rubber trim around the screen at the top and goes round eack side. This I have discovered is so the hood can fit.

Comment

To pack up the side pods to get the right height sounds right to me, and then line the front to that to give clearance to the windscreen. I will have to alter the locating bolts to achive this. Mine is lower on the one side at the moment and also catching on the screen surround. I will try to get to Detling and see your car.
          Regards
          Danny.

Comment

No problem Danny.

Here is a link of mine. Not sure if it's any help to you.
            http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1538

I will hopefully be at Detling. Depending on the weather! But hoping to go to Pod (hopefully in April) and Bruntingthorpe. But that maybe a bit too far away for you in July.

Comment

I will be going tomorrow morning to Detling Danny. Hopefully in the car.

Comment

Working...
              X