B series engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B series engine mounts

Hi - I am in the process of fitting a B series engine in place of my A series, would anyone be willing to take some pictures of their engine mounts and put them on here ?

Re: B series engine mounts

Hi Amgas
    Give me a call on my mobile, my number is in the latest copy of pitstop under lakes invasion and I will be able to send you photos of my car as just fitted a b series to my Roadster.

Comment

I got my B engine mountings from South Wales Propshafts. They list a number of Marina parts. Good service - ordered friday pm arrived saturday! see http://www.southwalesprops.co.uk/propshaft/vehicles/morris/morris_marina.htm

Comment

Thanks for the replies - the link to south wales propshafts has answered my question - Looks like I have 1300 engine mounts not 1800, which explains why it did not make sense !!!

Will order up some 1800 ones :-)

Comment

Amgas - I don't know whether you've sorted this out yet but if you're dropping an 1800 TC engine in, i think you will need 2nr right hand marina mounting blocks. To quote the build manual for the TC Marina-based Roadster, "The front set of brackets (on chassis) accept the standard rubber mounts. We recommend using two right hand mounts as the buffer mount fitted to the left hand side allows too much movement."

For SC Marina engines, the build manual recommends the use of squat Land Rover mounts because it allows this taller unit to sit lower in the chassis - but the gearbox mount bracket then needs to also be set 25mm lower as well.

There are a few old threads on this if you want to search the forum - for starters, look for a thread on 'engine brace' which also covers this subject.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the reply - Thanks to this forum I have a PDF copy of the build manual with the info about needing 2 right hand mounts, so ordered those and they came next day from South Wales Propshafts. What did not help me was that I had previously ordered engine mounts for an 1800 and they supplied me the wrong ones - if anyone wants a new pair of 1300 mounts they are on ebay!! I never really understood the comment in the Marlin build manual about hte SC engine being "taller" I guess the carb / manifold position is higher up, but the engine itself is the same ? Anyway the engine I have is from an MGB so I hope I have got it right. Going to try it on the weekend so I'll post how I get on.

Comment

P.S for clarity it was not south wales propshafts who sent me the wrong ones - needless to say won't be using the other supplier again :-)

Comment

Working...
              X