Did the earth move for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the earth move for you?

I'm sure some of you will have felt the earthquake in the small hours of today, given that most of us were affected in some way. I was just nodding off and had the strange sensation that my bad was moving and shaking. And I was all alone! It was a bit scary as I thought someone had got into the room and I lay there wide eyed for a few moments until I knew all was well then nodded off.

Then today came the news of the British earthquake. Whatever next!

Re: Did the earth move for you?

Can't remeber the last time the earth moved for me! Must be my age. As my kids say, in 5 years time I can go on a saga holiday.

Comment

Blimey, that applies for me too then? 50 innit? Hey, we're young!

Comment

You're as young as the woman you feel ..ahem... better move on before peope think I'm flirting! Funnily enough I was in Market Rasen on Sunday - but I had nothing to do with the quake

Comment

FIFTY! Get some time in guys.
          Believe me, The Earth continues to move...regularly !
          Just have to keep in practice!
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Sue, how unlucky for you if you only experienced a bed sensation for one minute, as my bed shakes and moves nearly every night,and more so when a goods train goes past.I think its a train !!!!

Comment

Whay hay!

I'm off to bed to await another bed sensation :-D

Comment

I found it quite scary. The power went off at 9.40 pm (high winds) and was still off when I was woken with the bed shaking. Doug was down at Horsham. So all alone. Only thought was that the house was mostly built in 1600 & something so it must have had other quakes. When I caught up with John he thought the gable wall was moving and did not know what it was till he saw news

Comment

We were in a hotel in York and more worrying was my response. I woke up and said to M "That's an earthquake" then rolled over and went back to sleep. No - is the hotel falling down? No checking to see all was OK? I guess the wine at dinner last night was doing its stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X