Rover T Series Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover T Series Engine

I've just started a conversion project from B to T series power (non-turbo I hasten to add, but you never know)...on the off chance anyone out there has already done this I'd love to swap notes/experiences. It's a fairly well-trodden route for the MGB fraternity and I have one of Baldrick's cunning plans, but no sense in reinventing the wheel...
    Any contributions welcome

Jez
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Rover T Series Engine

Hi Jez,

I'm still researching a newer engine & gearbox for my 1984 Marina Roadster. I saw the T-Series on the Austin Rover website (www.aronline.co.uk/index.htm?engineoseriesf.htm)
    & it seems to tick all the boxes. How's yours progressing? What gearbox did you use?

dave

Comment

Jez my name is Roger and i live near shrewsbury. I have just purchased a roadster which i should pick up on sunday 9th November. beings we are in the same area perhaps we could have a chat. Roger

Comment

Cough - I've used a Type 9 box, which I'd fitted to my B series. The B backplate needed reworking and there is some redrilling required to the engine block...plus a whole host of interesting problems, like steering column, brake m/cylinder, alternator, exhaust etc, not to mention a high-pressure fuel circuit for the injection system...then there will be the task of fitting a Megasquirt ECU. None of it is rocket-science but there are a lot of things to do. Anyway the lump is in and spins on the starter...wiring & plumbing now being tackled..! Any questions feel free to email.

Roger - always happy to chat...I'm not around much in the week so weekends best. Feel free to email and welcome to the Roadster fraternity..!

jezcox<at>tesco.net
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
        X