Steering Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Lever

Anyone got on tips as to how to remove the steering lever from the suspension upright ( swivel pin ) ? The Haynes manual shows an item "key for lever" that appears to be a small half round piece of material - what is that about ? I can see a keyway but cant see anything in it ?

Re: Steering Lever

Slacken the nut so that it protects the thread then carefuly hit it with a hammer preferably a copper one.Once it moves you can then take off the nut and remove the lever and catching the half round key.This is a woodruff key and that stops the lever turning in its hole and should be replaced if its missing.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Amgas. I am still holding a few spares bought from YKC when they sold up, and I am pretty sure there are some steering levers in the stuff that's left. So give me a ring if you want some new ones. My number is in the mag. [under Treasurer] Brian.

Comment

Got them off fine - was worried about hitting them too hard :-) But they needed a good whack. Leaving a nut on the end of the thread was a good tip - thanks. Planning to swap them for modified ones for trials.

Comment

Working...
        X