'O' Series - Twin Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'O' Series - Twin Carbs

Can anyone point me inthe right direction to obtain a suitable inlet manifold for either twin SU's or single Webber DCOE. Are they available (with difficulty), or do I need to fabricate? Will the twin inlet off a 'B' series fit? Any help would be useful.

Re: 'O' Series - Twin Carbs

A Rover SD1 2000 would have the correct twin SU manifold, though they're almost as rare as wooden equine droppings...
    That said, a single late model SU (HIF44) is said to be more efficent and powerful than twins (I quote Roger Parker from the MGOC on O series transplants) so other than aesthetics, a single might be easier and better...plus you have a choice of manifolds - reversed (carb "inside" the manifold - Sherpa iirc) or traditional.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Re: 'O' Series - Twin Carbs

Hi Jez. Many thanks for the information. As you say, a single is much easier (doesn't sound as good as a Weber though!). However, simple is best and often more reliable when considering trials. thanks again for the information

Comment

Working...
      X